Installing the world’s top enterprise-class open source database – PostgreSQL – is now a whole lot easier with PGInstaller.
PGInstaller is a GUI based, user-friendly installer for PostgreSQL that is digitally signed and certified by 2ndQuadrant. The installer is currently available for PostgreSQL versions 9.5, 9.6, 10 and 11(beta) and has the ability to run in graphical, command line, or quiet installation modes.
In addition, PGInstaller provides the following features:
- Built-in support for Python 3
- Compression support using zlib
- Integration with native service control managers such as systemd for Linux, Service Control Manager for Windows, and LaunchControl for OSX
- Consistent interface across all supported platforms
Hot to get started with PGInstaller:
- Visit the PGInstaller download page
- Select desired PostgreSQL version and platform
- Open the downloaded file to run installation wizard
It’s that simple!
We would love to hear your feedback on the new installation experience. Please share your thoughts here.